I think beauty sponges are the best because they give the perfect airbrushed finish to your makeup, which is why I absolutely love my Original Beauty Blender but as a beauty blogger naturally I’m always on the market to see if theres another sponge out there that can possibly replace my Pink Beauty Blender. Not that I ever want to replace it because honestly I love it so much. But there always is the “next best thing” and because I have no self control, I get sucked in every time and want to try all the new products.
Anyways when Elcie Cosmetics released their Velvet Sponge I was intrigued, by the shape mostly, I mean it literally looks like an ace of spades, and it has such a pointy tip and it gets huge when you actually get it damp.
I did a quick demo using the sponge in all the steps I normally do – so it’s not a full tutorial or anything
Products Mentioned in Video:
- Elcie Cosmetics Velvet Sponge (find it here)
- The Original Beauty Blender (find it here)
- MAC Cosmetics Strobe Cream ‘GoldLite’ (find it here)
- IT Cosmetics CC Cream (find it here)
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer (find it here)
- KKW Beauty Creme Contour Kit (find it here)
- Laura Mercier Translucent Powder (find it here)
- Mario Badescu Rose Water Facial Spray (find it here)
I’m still going to keep using it for a while to see if I still like it after a while. Let me know what you think about it, are you interested in trying this sponge too?
Til next time!